Autocatalytic Nickel Infusion (A.N.I) is a specially developed process used for protection of the actuator in severe environments. The process uses a higher concentration of phosphorous in the nickel bath than normal electroless nickel plating processes. This results in a harder nickel deposition over the entire surface, giving the finished actuator superior corrosion protection and greater hardness.
A.N.I. Nickel Plating for Severe Environment Actuator Protection
Another advanced feature of the A.N.I. process is the utilization of a special pioneered "real time x-ray deposition monitor". The device allows complete control for the exact uniform nickel deposit desired.
Features and Benefits
- Greater corrosion resistance and greater hardness with infused deposition control.
- X-ray Real Time Deposition ensures a uniform A.N.I infused deposition. It does not rely on variable dependant chemical control and timing procedures.
- Thickness can be controlled to within a .01-micron tolerance.
- Nickel Deposition 20μ is held uniformly over the entire surface.
- Improved hardness from 53 to 58 Rc vs. others at 45 to 49 Rc.
- Corrosion Resistance Process of choice for optimum corrosion and salt spray resistance.
- Certificate of compliance/chemical analysis available upon request.